Sunday, January 22, 2017

On sabbatical

I noticed that my e-mail has some CRC queries. I'm on sabbatical through summer 2017, so there might be significant delays before I'm able to respond to e-mails.  If you notice something that seems to be a problem please do let me know, but please bear with me until I have time to respond.

(Contrary to what some might think "sabbatical" is usually the opposite of "vacation" for engineering faculty.  It is a chance for us to concentrate on a large difficult problem that we can't do during normal semesters because of all the many demands made upon our time.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Why To Avoid Hash Algorithms If What You Really Need Is A Checksum

Sometimes we hear that someone plans to use a hash function for fault detection instead of a checksum. This is probably not the best idea, b...